ESTA is the most convenient and useful visa-free system developed by the US government. The following article will discuss the process and advantages of the USA ESTA visa that eligible candidates should be aware of before applying for it.
Travelers who are looking to visit the United States for tourism or business purpose on (B-1/B-2), or for transit (C-1), and also willing to stay less than 90 days are eligible to travel in the United States without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). The VWP does not include travel purposes like study, employment, work as a press, radio, film, journalists, etc. Visitors can apply for permanent residency in VWP. However, the VWP does not give permission to all the countries and there is a list of countries that have been given permission under VWP. Besides, it is also important for travelers to seek the process to apply for USA ESTA visa application and advantages it has to offer before getting started.
- The process to apply for ESTA Online
The process of getting this travel authorization is very simple and convenient but before that visitors should prove that they are eligible for the visa. Proving eligibility has made the ESTA visa process tough. The first thing to do is filling the online application, in which, the applicants need to provide some basic information about themselves. After that, there is a process for verification, once the immigration officer finds that every detail is authentic and real, he/she will proceed for the approval. Upon getting an ESTA, the applicants can travel anywhere in the US with ease.
- Advantages of the ESTA
The prominent advantage of ESTA is that visitors can travel anywhere in the US. It is considered to be one of the most useful and convenient visa systems introduced by the government of the United States. Electronic System for Travel Authorization is designed to help the government to figure out the eligibility of the visitors who are willing to travel to the US from countries that participate in the VWP.
- Time-Saving: The process of ESTA may appear intimidating to proceed with but if followed properly according to the instructions given on the official website, it can be done in no time.
- Improved Safety: This system has all the given information of the travelers and their data is collected in encrypted form, thus, making it impossible for hackers to crack.
- Reduce Illegal Migration: The possession of an ESTA is essential to enter into the US, hence, illegal migration will be more difficult and will be greatly reduced.
- Proper Border Management: Through this electronic system, border management will be more efficient as this allows the government to focus on more complex security issues.
- Does not Require Interview: An ESTA visa application does not require a face-to-face interview, unlike the normal visa where the applicant has to visit the consulate for the interview. This saves a large amount of time and money if an applicant is preparing a trip to the United States.
- 72 Hours Before the Flight: Individuals who are in a hurry may apply for ESTA up to 72 hours prior to the departure of their flight. Also, the applicant doesn’t need to make any further preparations.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com